Home Set-up Trainers
Once you have started the therapy, either at a Gerson Clinic or under the supervision of a certified Gerson practitioner, the longest part of the healing process-–a minimum of two years–will take place in your residence.
“In order to really be sure that the patient understands and follows the Gerson Therapy exactly, I ought to follow them around their house and kitchen 24 hours a day. I am frequently surprised and shocked to find the mistakes being made.”
It is easy to make mistakes when beginning the Gerson Therapy and adjusting to the dietary restrictions and specific guidelines for food and juice preparation. People often do not realize what they do not know. Simple mistakes can actually interfere with healing. That’s where a Home Set-up Trainer can really help.
What a Certified Gerson Home Set-up Trainer Does
A certified Home Set-up Trainer is fully trained by the Gerson Institute in all of the non-medical aspects of the Gerson Therapy. A Home Set-up Trainer goes to your home to teach you and your caregivers to prepare your home environment in the most efficient manner for starting the Gerson Therapy by:
- Instructing you in proper food preparation for the Gerson diet
- Teaching you how to avoid mistakes
- Organizing the kitchen and equipment for maximum efficiency
- Providing information on obtaining Gerson-approved resources and equipment
- Helping you acquire a proper juicer and teaching you how to prepare the juices
- Removing household toxins and replacing them with safer alternatives
- Helping to obtain pure, safe water and locating sources for organic foods
The Gerson Home Set-up Trainer also provides support by:
- Training your helper/caregiver to assist you
- Providing information on supplement companies and other resources.
- Helping you find information in the Gerson educational materials (books, videos, etc.).
- Explaining and demonstrating the coffee enema and the castor oil treatment (if applicable).
- Providing information on healing reactions.
Before you request a Home Set-up Trainer, you need a personalized treatment plan.
The Gerson Therapy consists of four parts: foods and juices, supplementation, detoxification (coffee enemas) and rest. The Gerson patient’s personalized treatment plan consists of dietary guidelines, a certain number of juices, supplements and coffee enemas per day.
Before you hire a Home Set-up Trainer, you need to have a protocol established and ongoing case management from either:
- A Gerson Clinic: We currently license two Gerson clinics: the Gerson Clinic in Mexico and the Gerson Health Centre in Hungary
- A certified Gerson practitioner
- Gerson Home Set-up Trainers will help you implement your personalized treatment plan (protocol) that is developed by your Gerson doctor or at a clinic. HSTs are not medical professionals, so they cannot provide medical advice or prescribe or monitor individualized treatment protocols.
- Home Set-up Trainers are not employees of the Gerson Institute, they are independent contractors. They work under the direction of a certified Gerson practitioner.
Cost: Home Set-up Trainers set their own rates, depending on their assessment of the client’s needs and duration of service. Once you have received a referral to an HST, you can inquire directly with them about their rates.
Length of service: The recommended duration for a Home Set-up Trainer’s in-home services is 3-4 days.
Some Home Set-up Trainers are willing to travel to a different city or even country, and others prefer to work locally.
Home Set-up Trainers work exclusively in clients’ homes – they do not give consultations, information, or advice by phone, email or Skype. If you have questions pertaining to the Gerson Therapy, please contact the Gerson Institute’s Education Department
How to Request a Referral to a Home Set-up Trainer
If you would like to receive a referral to a Home Set-up Trainer, please click the link below to fill out the request form. You must fill out all required fields marked with a red asterisk, or the form will not go through.
NOTE: This form MUST be filled out ONLY by the person who is doing the Gerson Therapy (not by a friend, family member or caregiver).
Home Set-up Trainer Referral Request Form
To learn more about the certified Home Set-up Trainers and where they are located, check out our “Meet the Home Set-up Trainers” page. Only a few Trainers are currently listed on this page, but we do have more Trainers in other areas as well.
Training new Home Set-up Trainers (HSTs)
If you are interested in becoming a Home Set-up Trainer, please read this.
All Home Set-up Trainers work under the supervision of a certified Gerson practitioner or clinic to ensure that clients have ongoing case management and medical direction. The current Gerson practitioners have enough Home Set-up Trainers to meet their patients’ needs, so we are not training new Home Set-up Trainers at this time.
We do not accept requests for HST training from the general public, only through referrals from the practitioners. If and when a practitioner decides they need another Trainer, they select their own HST candidates and refer them to the Gerson Institute directly for training. Please do not contact practitioners to request to work with them as an HST; this is a very small program and only conducted on an as-needed basis. Thank you for your understanding.
Home Set-up Trainer Testimonials:
If you are a certified Home Set-up Trainer follow this link to access the trainer portal.