The Coaching Service can help you use the Gerson literature to start the Gerson Therapy at home. This service is available by telephone or by Skype. Trained Gerson coaches are able to teach you to use the Gerson books to develop your own personalized treatment plan on the Gerson Therapy and modify it, if necessary, as you progress on the Therapy.
It is always best to begin the Gerson Therapy by going to a Gerson clinic, where medical doctors will supervise your case. For someone who is unable to attend a clinic, the Coaching Service has been a successful tool for helping people who want to use the Gerson Therapy on their own and need some orientation on how to get started.
This program works best for people who are very motivated to learn and study and take responsibility for their treatment.
Before you apply for the Coaching Service, we want to clarify its limitations.
- First, the Coaching Service does not substitute for a physician, and the coaches do not provide any medical guidance. Therefore you will need to have an M.D. or naturopathic doctor who is willing to work with you and with whom you can consult regarding abnormal test results or if a health issue arises that needs medical attention.
- If you develop complications or find you need more information and assistance beyond the expertise of the coach, you will be advised to consult with your doctor or apply to the Gerson clinic.
- In the process of detoxifying, psychological issues may surface. The Coaching Service does not provide psychological counseling; however, we can refer you to resources in the Gerson literature.
- You will most likely need to do medical testing and visual imaging periodically to assess your progress, such as CT scans, MRIs or blood tests and you will need a physician to order and interpret the test results. The coach does not have the expertise to do this.The coach can help point out obvious abnormalities and results that are unique to people using the Gerson Therapy, but you must take the initiative to learn about lab interpretation using the information in the Gerson Therapy Handbook, and then consult with a physician if further help is needed in understanding the implications of the test results.
Testimonials from Coaching Clients
Because each person’s illness is unique, I feel that the service the Gerson Institute offers, with experienced coaches, is essential to customizing the Therapy according to individual needs.”
Additional Resource: Home Set-Up Trainers
The Gerson Institute has an additional program that will help you start the Gerson Therapy properly at home. A Home Set-up Trainer can come to your home and help you implement the components of the Therapy correctly.
Certified Home Set-up Trainers have been fully trained by the Gerson Institute in every aspect of setting up the home to run smoothly and correctly. A Trainer can teach you valuable information, instruct you in proper food preparation, teach you how to avoid common mistakes, and how to organize the kitchen and equipment for maximum efficiency.
Please note that Trainers are independent contractors, not employees of the Gerson Institute.
How to Apply For the Coaching Program
To determine if you are eligible for the Coaching Service, we will need to review your medical information and recent blood tests. There is no charge for this screening. We will contact you within 2-5 business days after we receive all of the information.
To apply for the Coaching Service, contact Blanca Ayala at firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT: Please review the Contraindications and Cautions for the Gerson Therapy before you submit your application, to determine if your condition might be treatable with the Gerson Therapy and therefore suitable for the Coaching Service.
It is important for you to have the support of your family and a caregiver/helper to assist you in preparing the food, juices and other tasks.
The Coaching Service is only available by telephone or Skype, by appointment, in English or Spanish, during business hours Monday through Friday, 9 am to 12 pm and 1 pm to 5pm Pacific Standard Time.
Please keep in mind that your coach is not a physician or a Gerson practitioner, but has extensive training and experience in providing non-medical assistance to patients on the Gerson Therapy.
Coaching Services are payable by credit card only.
For US clients – credit card information can be provided at the end of the first coaching session.
For international clients – After you have been approved for the Coaching Service; payment is required before your first session at our on-line store (we will provide the link to the payment page) and it is required you provide a copy of the payment receipt to email@example.com at least 2 days before the coaching appointment.
Before the first coaching session, you will need to purchase the two following books:
You can purchase them from our online store, and the three books can be purchased together in our Home Package. It is required to read Healing the Gerson Way before your first session to understand what the Therapy involves.
There will be a one-time fee of $145 to begin the Coaching program, which includes:
- Case review
- A 30-45 minute initial session
- Four issues of the Gerson Institute’s publication Healing News
Subsequent follow-up sessions will be $50 for up to 30 minutes.
Step #1:Contact Blanca Ayala for initial application firstname.lastname@example.org
Step #2: Fax, email or mail the blood tests to the Gerson Institute’s Training Department
Step #3: A representative will contact you within 2-5 business days to notify you of your acceptance, schedule a session and make payment arrangements
The following medical records are required for evaluation for the coaching service. TESTS SHOULD NOT BE OLDER THAN 3 WEEKS
- Recent CBC (complete blood count)
- Recent Comprehensive Metabolic Profile
- Lipid Profile
- Thyroid tests (TSH, T3, T4)
You can submit these records by mail or fax to Blanca Ayala at the Gerson Institute. Fax: 858-694-0757
Note: If your physician is not able to order these tests, you can use www.directlabs.com
The application should only be filled out by the patient themselves (not by a friend or relative).
Email email@example.com for application