26 Easy Ways Gerson Persons Can Help Support a Healthier Planet
Dr. Max Gerson had a great reverence for nature, and he was deeply concerned about environmental issues he saw threatening the earth back in the 1950s. And, as you may have noticed, things haven’t exactly improved over the past 60 years. As anyone who’s ever gone on a Netflix documentary binge knows, things are getting progressively worse. The precarious state of our planet is making it less hospitable to all forms of life, as what affects the earth affects our bodies as well.
In particular, Dr. Gerson saw the health of the soil as essential for the health of the planet overall, and he strongly opposed the use of pesticides and artificial fertilizers. In his book A Cancer Therapy: Results of 50 Cases, Dr. Gerson wrote:
I am convinced that the soil is our external metabolism. It is not really far removed from our bodies. We depend on it.”
Today is Earth Day, so we came up with a few simple ways that Gerson persons can help support our environment in their everyday lives while following the Gerson Therapy. In fact, if you are on the Gerson Therapy, you are probably doing many of these things already!
This is by no means a complete list, just a few ideas to get you thinking about easy ways you can support our planet in your home and in your everyday life:
26 Ways Gerson Persons Can Keep Our Planet Healthy:
- Plant an organic garden and grow your own food
- Buy only organic food
- Buy local produce and support your local organic farmers
- Don’t use pesticides – on your plants or on your skin!
- Don’t buy genetically-modified food or support GMO agriculture
- Use natural methods of pest control, such as this DIY cayenne pepper spray
- Plant herbs that naturally repel bugs
- Do not use chemical fertilizers
- Start composting
- Compost your food scraps
- Compost your juice pulp
- Try earthing – walking barefoot on the soil has wonderful health benefits and enhances your appreciation of nature
- When possible, walk instead of driving
- Don’t support factory farming
- Don’t eat meat
- Replace chemical cleaners in your home with natural alternatives such as baking soda and vinegar
- Keep air-cleaning houseplants in your home to improve air quality, such as peace lilies, Boston ferns and snake plants
- Buy used furniture and rugs to avoid harmful chemical off-gassing
- Avoid the use of plastics by using glass or stainless steel bottles and bringing your own bags to the grocery store
- Buy clothing with natural fibers, and especially avoid wrinkle-free clothes, which contain formaldehyde
- Buy 100% post-consumer or recycled paper
- Promote recycling at work and at home
- Be conscientious of water waste (take shorter showers, turn off the faucet between washing dishes or while brushing teeth, collect rain water for the garden)
- Reduce AC/heat usage by dressing in layers appropriate to the temperature
- Reduce your exposure to (and emission of) EMFs by turning off your Wi-Fi and minimizing cell phone use
- Educate yourself and others about current environmental issues
Do you have any other great ideas for ways to support a healthy planet and a healthy body?
Add your own suggestions in the comments!