Gerson Practitioner Training Program
Gerson Practitioner Training Program
When: May 1-6, 2016
Where: The Gerson Institute – San Diego, California
The Gerson Practitioner Training Program is designed to train qualified licensed medical professionals in the theory and application of the Gerson Therapy for people with chronic degenerative disease and cancer. It consists of two stages: Module I and Module II.
Module I consists of six days with approximately 42 hours of instruction taught by a team of Gerson Therapy professionals, including Gerson Institute staff and certified Gerson practitioners in San Diego, California. Below are a few of the main topics that will be covered:
- Physiological basis of the therapy
- Salt and water management: High potassium/low sodium diet to reverse tissue damage syndrome, increasing oxidative metabolism
- Cellular detoxification: Far-reaching detoxification of the whole body is a major element of the treatment.
- Healing inflammation: activates the digestion of cancer masses and cells with subsequent absorption and elimination.
- Restoration: The therapy must be continued until all cancer is destroyed and all metabolic functions return to optimal levels allowing for the recovery of the essential organs, especially the liver.
- Demonstrations of food preparation, juicing, and coffee enema technique
- Home set-up
- Breakfast and lunch served daily.
- A complete set of Gerson Therapy instructional materials
Module II is a supervised, online video conferencing residency training program designed to provide training in Gerson Therapy client case management by shadowing the clinical instructor in real time as well as personally managing assigned client cases over the course of approximately two years. It is a blend of didactic instruction and direct observation with critique in a small-group setting. The instructor will assess each practitioner in relation to meeting expected competency skills in managing Gerson clients.
This Module consists of:
- Phase I: Video conferences introducing web-based consulting (4 weeks) Must have high speed internet.
- Business Tracks—Running a virtual office
- Clinical Tracks – Advanced Lab analysis and Interpretation, Ozone therapy
- Phase II: Clinical rounds via video conferencing (approximately two years)
- Phase III: A case presentation and certification exam (during the third year)
To continue on with Module II, you will be required to:
- Send three professional letters of reference
- Comply with requirements for using a translator if applicable
- Verification of malpractice insurance for alternative medicine
- Indicate ability to meet financial obligations
Requirements for Modules:
- A current license in the country in which you reside and your standard of practice guidelines must allow you to manage patients autonomously in an out-patient setting.
- Must have the appropriate medical and clinical background in order to do proper medical case management. Many Gerson patients are very ill and have a variety of metabolic abnormalities that requires training in pathophysiology.
- Astute medical diagnostic and clinical management skills, which includes interpreting blood work and correlating with clinical status.
These are the reasons we have developed our criteria of medical qualifications for entry into the Gerson Therapy Training Program.
Eligibility for Gerson Practitioner Training Program (Module I and Module II)
You must hold one of the following credentials:
- Medical Doctor (MD)
- Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
- Naturopathic Doctor (ND1)
- Nurse Practitioner (NP2)
- Physician Assistant (PA)
- Doctor of Chiropractic (DC)
- Licensed Acupuncturist/ Oriental Medicine Doctor (Li.Ac./OMD3)
- Other (If your profession was not listed and you feel you meet the medical/clinical criteria, you may submit documentation of your degree–including your transcripts–to be reviewed by our admissions committee)
1 Note for Naturopathic Doctors (NDs) – You must have a 4-year degree from an accredited school that offers the basic sciences as well as the clinical/medical application.
2 Note for Nurse Practitioners (NPs) – are advanced practice registered nurses (APRN) who are educated and trained to provide health care management through the diagnosis and treatment of acute illness and chronic conditions and can practice autonomously. An NP/advanced practice registered nurse is a registered nurse who has acquired the knowledge base, decision-making and clinical competency skills for expanded practice beyond that of an RN.
3 Note for Li.Ac./OMDs – Acupuncturists need a four-year degree, including training in Western medicine and clinical skills with lab interpretations, and be licensed as a primary care physician. Transcripts will be requested.
***If you believe you fit the required criteria but do not see your designation listed, please contact Amanda Onken at email@example.com to speak about eligibility. You will be asked to send your transcript for evaluation.***
Accredited Naturopathic Schools in US and Canada:
- Bastyr University – Kenmore, WA or San Diego, CA
- National College of Natural Medicine – Portland, OR
- National University of Health Sciences – Lombard, IL
- Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine – Tempe, AZ
- University of Bridgeport – College of Naturopathic Medicine – Bridgeport, CT
- Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine – Toronto, ON
- Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine – New Westminster, BC
If you do not see your school listed: please send the name of the school and a copy of your transcript to Amanda Onken at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not eligible: You can learn more about the practical aspects of Gerson Therapy by taking our Gerson Basics Workshop. CLICK HERE for more information.
Required reading prior to submitting application:
We require that you read the following material to ensure that you have a good understanding of the Gerson Therapy and are in alignment with its principles. Please read the following before submitting your application:
- Dr. Gerson’s book A Cancer Therapy: Results of 50 Cases
- The Role of a Gerson Practitioner (PDF)
- Biological Basis of the Gerson Therapy (PDF) by Gar Hildenbrand.
- Charlotte Gerson’s book, Healing the Gerson Way.
- “Gems and Pearls of Wisdom,”an article by Dr. Kayla Smith in the Gerson Newsletter (pg.10-11)
Module I Phase: $2,800 USD
Module II Phase: $7,730 USD (paid in installments over a two-year period)
How to Apply: