Pink ribbons pop up on every sellable product imaginable every October for Breast Cancer Awareness Month, supposedly “for the cure.” And yet, the organizations that sell them are no closer to finding a cure than they were 20 years ago. In fact, the diagnosis of metastatic breast cancer in women under 40 continues to increase [...]
The Gerson Institute has been around for over three decades. As you can imagine, a lot has happened over the years. While some parts of our past will live on only as memories, others we were fortunate enough to capture on video. Recently, we began a project to bring the Gerson Institute’s history back to [...]
by Rita S, August 2012. I am from a little town 25 km North of Barcelona, Spain. I was diagnosed with a hormone-dependent breast cancer in November 2009 called invasive ductal adenocarcinoma; stage II/III, tumor size 2cm. I felt devastated at that moment, and so did my husband, my mother and my sisters. But then [...]
Hey there, Gerson Person! Let’s take a moment to touch base with you, and catch you up with what’s happening around the Institute. Mikhaela and Ally are here today to share the top 5 awesome things that they’ve discovered this month, let you know about some fun things coming up, and share a few things [...]
Everything goes pink in October for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. We are bombarded daily with pink products, armies of pink feather boa-clad women marching in Susan G. Komen’s Race for the Cure, and “Save the Boobies” bumper stickers. Turn on the TV, and every news anchor has a pink ribbon pinned to their lapel. Football [...]
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, so in the spirit of awareness-raising, I’d like to make you all a little more aware of what awareness campaigns are actually making you aware of.
Here, we’ve compiled questions and answers to some of our most frequently asked questions. After the jump, find out which conditions the Gerson Therapy does and does not treat, whether the Therapy can be done alongside conventional treatments, and more!
- What conditions does the Gerson Therapy have success in treating?
- What conditions do not respond well to the Gerson Therapy?
- Can the Gerson Therapy treat rare or uncommon genetic conditions?
- How long will I have to be on the Therapy?
- When will I see a noticable improvement from the Therapy?
- Does insurance cover the costs of treatment?
- Is radiation therapy allowed while on the Gerson Therapy?
- Can I do the Gerson Therapy and chemotherapy at the same time?
- Why do cancer patients begin on a modified version of the Gerson Therapy after chemotherapy pre-treatment? Why is the clinic the preferred place to start the therapy in this situation?
- I am not sick myself, but I am interested in the principles of the Gerson Therapy for preventative health. Can I still follow the Gerson Therapy if I am not ill?