So, you would like to heal yourself with the Gerson Therapy, but don’t quite know how to get started? We fully understand how challenging it can be to make the monumental lifestyle changes the Gerson Therapy demands. Based on our experiences, and those of countless other Gerson patients, we have compiled this handy guide for […]
Access to organically-grown food is one of the most vital concerns for anyone following the Gerson Therapy. Without a steady and voluminous supply of organically-grown fruits and vegetables, the Gerson Therapy is impossible. Unfortunately, foods with genetically modified ingredients are growing ever-more ubiquitous. Even foods labeled as “natural” can contain ingredients that are anything but! […]
Take Action: Farm Bill’s “Farmer Assurance Provision” Threatens Organic Farming (UPDATE: “Monsanto Protection Act” Passes)
The Gerson Therapy’s effectiveness relies on the ability to use organic non-GMO non-chemically treated produce. It is vital that the rights of organic farmers is protected and their crops are in turn protected from cross contamination and “superweeds” created by GMOs, chemical pesticides and monocropping. The harder it becomes to obtain quality organic produce, the harder it will be to make the Gerson Therapy available to those seeking an alternative treatment to their ailments.
Carla received a death sentence in 1958, yet 54 years later she is in vibrant health, thanks to the Gerson diet!
To Gerson persons, Charlotte’s 90th birthday represents more than just Charlotte’s date of birth. It’s a time for us to reflect on her legacy and life’s work. She has had such an immense impact on so many people’s lives, and through her work with the Gerson Institute she has been able to share the Gerson Therapy with people across the world and touch the lives of thousands in need.
But what could you possibly get for the woman to whom we owe so much? Charlotte wants no trinkets or gag gifts, and–as I’m sure you know–cakes and sweets aren’t quite her cup of (chamomile) tea! Many of us were at a loss for ideas, but Anita Wilson, our endlessly imaginative Executive Director, came up with the perfect gift for Charlotte’s birthday: The Charlotte Gerson Legacy Orchard.
The Gerson® Therapy is a natural treatment that activates the body’s extraordinary ability to heal itself through an organic, plant-based diet, raw juices, coffee enemas and natural supplements.
- What does the Gerson Therapy’s diet consist of?
- Why are berries and pineapple not allowed on the Gerson Therapy?
- Why aren’t avocadoes, nuts or seeds permitted on the Gerson Diet?
- The Gerson diet is supposed to be salt-free. So what about vegetables that naturally contain some sodium? Are celery and cucumbers permitted on the Gerson Therapy?
- Why aren’t any soy products permitted while on The Gerson Therapy?
- Why is flax seed oil the only oil allowed, and why can’t the seeds be eaten?
- Where can I find organic produce?
- When and how do I get off the Therapy? When can I add new foods?
- Organic, salt-free rye bread is permitted in small amounts on the Gerson Therapy. What is the recipe for the rye bread?