This cauliflower dish is a favorite among the staff at the Gerson Institute. It consists of cauliflower slow-cooked using Dr. Gerson’s method, topped with a creamy, slightly-sweet carrot sauce.
So, you would like to heal yourself with the Gerson Therapy, but don’t quite know how to get started? We fully understand how challenging it can be to make the monumental lifestyle changes the Gerson Therapy demands. Based on our experiences, and those of countless other Gerson patients, we have compiled this handy guide for […]
Ask the Doctor is a regular column in the Gerson Institute’s bimonthly newsletter, the Healing News. Our staff collects questions that we receive about the Gerson Therapy, and pose them to the Gerson Institute’s medical director, Dr. Kayla Smith, ND. Q: What do I do if I am allergic to foods on the Gerson diet? […]
Our Beet and Watercress Salad pairs soft, cooked beets and onions with raw watercress, all topped off with tangy lemon juice. This recipe, while simple, contains two awesomely detoxifying ingredients: beets and watercress. Beets contain phyochemicals called betalains, which have great anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Watercress is also an incredibly healthy food packed with phytonutrients, […]
Charlotte Gerson’s daughter (and Dr. Max Gerson’s granddaughter) Margaret Straus recounted the following story for us, which she has asked us to share with our followers. Though the holiday season is rife with temptation in the form of treats, turkey dinners and unhealthy food, it is vital to remember that healing must always come first. […]
During a routine exam in 2007, the doctor found a nodule on my prostate. I got a biopsy and they found cancer on half of my prostate. They wanted to remove or radiate it but they couldn’t guarantee that I would be cancer free. Afterwards, I spoke to my friend Allison. She told me about […]
Carla received a death sentence in 1958, yet 54 years later she is in vibrant health, thanks to the Gerson diet!
Due to changes in staff availability, this program is not currently available. To learn more about the Gerson Institute’s current programs, please click here. The Charlotte Gerson Health Restoration Center offers an opportunity to: Learn and experience a modified version of the Gerson Therapy Observe demonstrations of food and juice preparation […]
The Gerson® Therapy is a natural treatment that activates the body’s extraordinary ability to heal itself through an organic, plant-based diet, raw juices, coffee enemas and natural supplements.
- What does the Gerson Therapy’s diet consist of?
- Why are berries and pineapple not allowed on the Gerson Therapy?
- Why aren’t avocadoes, nuts or seeds permitted on the Gerson Diet?
- The Gerson diet is supposed to be salt-free. So what about vegetables that naturally contain some sodium? Are celery and cucumbers permitted on the Gerson Therapy?
- Why aren’t any soy products permitted while on The Gerson Therapy?
- Why is flax seed oil the only oil allowed, and why can’t the seeds be eaten?
- Where can I find organic produce?
- When and how do I get off the Therapy? When can I add new foods?
- Organic, salt-free rye bread is permitted in small amounts on the Gerson Therapy. What is the recipe for the rye bread?