Gerson Basics San Diego
You will enjoy two days of fully Gerson Therapy-approved buffets for breakfast and lunch (plus raw juices!) so you can experience the diet yourself. You will meet and connect with like-minded people who are passionate about the Gerson Therapy and holistic nutrition.
Next Class: October 15-17, 2015
Get $100 off your registration fee by entering the promo code “BASICS” in the store checkout:
Promo Code: BASICS
Gerson Basics covers topics such as:
- Overview of the Gerson Therapy
- Overview of dietary guidelines and food preparation
- Juicing instruction and demonstrations
- Coffee enema instructions
- Coping with healing reactions
- Preparing clay and castor oil packs
- Overview of Gerson supplements and protocols
- How to set up your home for the Gerson Therapy
- Dental guidelines
- Recovered Gerson patient testimonial
Below, enjoy a preview video with clips from four of the most popular lectures from the class!
Gerson Basics is designed for:
- People who have been diagnosed with cancer or another chronic degenerative disease, who want to learn more about the Gerson Therapy and what it entails
- People who have been accepted by one of the Gerson clinics for treatment, and want to learn more about how to follow the Gerson Therapy from home, after they have left the clinic.
- People who have family, friends or other loved ones they wish to support and assist in their care after leaving a Gerson clinics, or if they are starting the Gerson Therapy from home.
- Anyone with an interest in learning more about the Gerson Therapy.
This seminar does not cover topics and issues such as:
- Detailed medical or research information on the Gerson Therapy
- To learn the Gerson Therapy for preventative health. The Gerson Therapy was designed as a treatment for chronic degenerative diseases; there is no Gerson protocol for prevention (but you may read some information on that topic in our Gerson Guidelines for General Nutrition (pdf)
- Personalized protocols for specific conditions (our speakers will not be able to answer questions regarding personal situations or to discuss specific health conditions)
- Prescriptions for supplements
- Diagnostic information
- Interpretation of laboratory information
- Certification to teach, administer or prescribe the Gerson Therapy
If you are taking this class because you plan to learn the Gerson Therapy to treat a disease or health condition, please read the Contraindications and Cautions for the Gerson Therapy before registering to make sure your condition is treatable with the Gerson Therapy.
Your Gerson Basics registration includes…
When you arrive on the first day of the class, you will receive the following educational materials:
- Books and materials:
- The Gerson Basics Manual
- Healing the Gerson Way
- A Cancer Therapy: Results of 50 Cases
- The Gerson Therapy Handbook
- You will receive the Gerson Institute’s quarterly newsletter, Healing News
- Gerson tote bag
Gerson Therapy-approved meals:
On Thursday afternoon, lunch will be provided, along with a light mid-afternoon snack. Breakfast and lunch will be served for participants on Friday and Saturday, along with a mid-afternoon snack. All food served at the event is organic and 100% approved for the Gerson Therapy
Gerson Basics Online Course
- Free access to our most recent Gerson Basics Online content
Upcoming Dates: October 15-17, 2015
Class Fee: $500
Maximum enrollment: 80 participants. Enjoy meeting and networking with other health-minded individuals!
San Diego Woman’s Club
2557 Third Avenue
San Diego, CA 92103 (see map)
Thursday, October 15: 8:30 AM – 4 PM
Friday, October 16: 9:30 AM – 4PM
Saturday, October 17: 8 AM – 4 PM
Below, please find more detailed information about Gerson Basics. Click each topic to expand/hide the information within.
Optional Cooking Classes: October 14th and 18th ▼
You can attend an additional Gerson cooking and juicing hands on class on Wednesday, October 14th or Sunday, October 18th. The class runs from 9:00 AM - 2:30 PM.
In this class, you will get hands-on experience learning the cooking and juicing techniques for the Gerson Therapy. At the end of the class, all the participants will join together for lunch to enjoy the healthy and delicious meal they have made!
To learn more about our cooking and juicing class, CLICK HERE.
This cooking class is held at the Charlotte Gerson Health Restoration Center in Encinitas, California (approximately a 20-30 minute drive from downtown San Diego; transportation is not provided). The cost is $150 per person. Please contact Anna Maria at email@example.com for more information.
Note: The Gerson Institute offers this cooking class on the first Saturday of every month. If you live locally, please consider taking this cooking class at a different time to allow those coming from other states and countries the opportunity to participate in the cooking class while they are in San Diego. You can see a schedule of upcoming cooking classes HERE.
We can provide scholarships and partial scholarships for eligible applicants in need of financial aid. Thanks to the generosity of our donors, we are able to provide scholarships to 15% of the class participants.
Location, Directions and Parking ▼
Gerson Basics is held at the San Diego Woman's Club in the Banker's Hill neighborhood of San Diego, close to downtown.San Diego Woman’s Club
2557 Third Avenue
San Diego, CA 92103
(Get Directions Here)
Parking is limited in the area, so please allow extra time to find a spot. The San Diego Woman’s Club parking lot is staff-only. There is ample free parking 3 blocks away, along 6th Ave near Balboa Park. Metered parking has a 2-hour limit. Pay close attention to the time to avoid getting a ticket.
A “Parking Guide” will be provided with the Registration Packet closer to the date of the event.
Hotels and Accommodations ▼
The Gerson Institute has arranged for a discounted rate at La Quinta Inn. To receive this rate, you must make your reservation as soon as possible. October is a busy month for the La Quinta. La Quinta Inn provides free shuttle services from the airport to the hotel, and to and from the San Diego Woman’s Club each day.
Contact the hotel to make your reservation:
La Quinta Inn San Diego Old Town/Airport
2380 Moore St.
San Diego, CA 92110
You are under no obligation to stay at this hotel and you may arrange to stay wherever you like. Below, we've listed a few other nearby hotels. You can also check sites like Yelp, AirBnB or Tripadvisor to find more alternative accommodations.
Old Town Inn Hotel
You will need a car rental, Uber/Lyft or taxi to get to the event location. Shuttle or taxi-share may be arranged depending on number of participants staying at this hotel.
Four Points by Sheraton
Appx. 15-20 minute walk
Motel 6 Downtown
Appx. 15-20 min. walk
1546 2nd Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101
How To Register
Please click the “Register” button below, and fill out the registration form. After you have filled out the form, you will be taken to the page in our online store where you can purchase your registration package. Add the item to your shopping cart, and check out. Your registration is not complete until you have completed check-out and purchased the item “Gerson Basics Class San Diego” in our online store.
If you need assistance or would prefer to register over the phone, please contact our Education Team at 1-858-694-0707.
Gerson Basics: Online and Spanish Options
Gerson Basics Online: For those who are unable to travel to San Diego to learn about the Gerson Therapy, we also offer this seminar as an online class. We film the entire class, and make the HD videos available online, complete with all the educational materials, videos and mp3 audio downloads of all the lectures.
Terapia Gerson: Curso en Linea: La version en español del curso Gerson Basics Online diseñado para brindarte toda la información que forma parte de la clase presencial Gerson Basics. La clase incluye lo siguiente: videos de alta calidad, archivos de audio de todo el curso que pueden descargar (en formato mp3), archivos en formato PDF como material educativo de soporte, y presentaciones en formato Powerpoint.
Comments from past Gerson Basics participants:
This workshop was very informative and inspiring. Thank you very much for a wonderful weekend to all the Gerson staff and volunteers.
– Margaret Yarmush, Vista, CA
Thank you so much for an outstanding training… All the staff are professional, friendly and kind. The food was excellent. I’m looking forward to more trainings with the Gerson Institute!
– Lynn Martin