Home Set-up Trainers
Whether a patient is able to spend some time at a Gerson facility or decides to embark on the Therapy at home, the longest part of the healing process –a minimum of two years- will take place in his or her residence. The home needs to be turned into a kind of private clinic.
“In order to really be sure that the patient understands and follows the Gerson Therapy exactly, I ought to follow them around their house and kitchen 24 hours a day. I am frequently surprised and shocked to find the mistakes being made.”
It is easy to make mistakes when beginning the Gerson Therapy and adjusting to the dietary restrictions and specific guidelines for food and juice preparation. People often do not realize what they do not know. For this reason, Home Set-up trainers provide an excellent service that can greatly help you implement your personalized treatment plan.
Certified Home Set-up Trainers (HST) have been fully trained by the Gerson Institute in every aspect of setting up the home to run smoothly and correctly. HSTs have experienced the Gerson Therapy personally and completed four phases of interviews and an 8-day intensive internship.
What a Certified Gerson Home Set-up Trainer Does
A Certified Home Set-up Trainer is fully trained by the Gerson Institute in all of the non-medical aspects of the Gerson Therapy. A Home Set-up Trainer’s job is to go to your home to train you to prepare your home environment in the most efficient manner for starting the Gerson Therapy by:
- Assisting and teaching you valuable information for properly setting up the home
- Instructing you in proper food preparation for the Gerson diet
- Teaching you how to avoid mistakes
- Organizing the kitchen and equipment for maximum efficiency
- Providing information on obtaining Gerson-approved resources and equipment.
- Helping you to acquire a proper juicer before arriving in the home, and teaching you how to prepare the juices
- Addressing the issue of possible household toxins
- Helping to obtain pure, safe water and locating sources for organic foods
The Gerson Home Set-up Trainer also provides support by:
- Training someone in the home that will continue to assist you with the work
- Providing information on how to contact supplement companies
- Assisting you in finding information in the Gerson educational materials (books, DVD’s, etc.)
- Explaining and demonstrating the coffee enema preparation technique and the castor oil treatment (if applicable)
- Providing information on healing reactions.
- Gerson Home Set-up Trainers are not medical professionals, so they do not provide medical advice or prescribe individualized treatment protocols.
- Home Set-up Trainers are not employees of the Gerson Institute, they are independent contractors.
- Cost: Home Set-up Trainers set their own rates, depending on their assessment of the client’s needs and duration of service.
- The recommended duration for a Home Set-up Trainer’s in-home services is 3-4 days.
- Some Home Set-up Trainers are willing to travel to a different city or even country, and others prefer to work locally.
- Home Set-up Trainers work exclusively in clients’ homes – they do not give consultations, information, or advice by phone, email or Skype. If you have questions pertaining to the Gerson Therapy, please contact the Gerson Institute’s Education Department.
To request a referral to a Home Set-up Trainer, please fill out the Home Set-up Request form to see if you are eligible for the service.
Home Set-up Trainer Testimonials: