BEET & ARUGULA SALAD
- 3 beets, boiled and cubed
- 2 oranges, cut into small pieces
- 6 cups arugula
- In a small mixing bowl. combine beets and orange pieces
- Arrange arugula on a serving plate, then top with beet and orange mixture
ORANGE DILL VINAIGRETTE
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup purified water
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- 2 teaspoons honey or other permitted sweetener
Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth consistency is reached
Beets contain an antioxidant pigment called betalain, which contributes to their unique red color. This pigment supports the liver’s overall detoxification process, where unwanted toxic substances are eliminated from the body. Beets are also a rich source of vitamin C and manganese.
Oranges are another excellent source of vitamin C and also contain a cancer fighting component called limonin glucoside, which is absorbed well in the body.
If you enjoyed these recipes and health benefit information, then you’ll love our Gerson Therapy Cookbook! Over 150 Gerson Therapy approved recipes for all meals, beautifully striking photos, sample menus and shopping lists, non-toxic cookware and much more!
Recipes from the Gerson Therapy Cookbook
Post by: Nicole Ferrer-Clement