Gerson Holiday Recipes
- 1 cup dried green, brown or French lentils
- 4 cups purified water or Hippocrates Soup stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups Rye Bread crumbs
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3-4 ribs celery, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Add lentils, 3 cups purified water (or Hippocrates Soup stock) and bay leaf to a small pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower to a gentle simmer and continue to cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Once lentils are cooked add them, along with any liquid left in the pot, and mix well. If the mixture seems dry, add a little bit of the remaining purified water (or Hippocrates Soup stock) and mix.
- Place mixture in an oven-safe dish, cover and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the cover and bake for an additional 15 minutes, allowing the top layer to become golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving.
Recipe from the Gerson Therapy Cookbook
MORE GERSON HOLIDAY RECIPES
Join Over 250,000 Gerson Fans
Post by: Nicole Ferrer-Clement