Our Gerson Veggie Lentil Loaf is the perfect dish for all you busy bees out there! Heat it up for a late night snack, load up your glass tupperware for a scrumptious lunch, or bring it to your next family gathering. Missing some of the ingredients? No problem! Mix it up by incorporating your favorite veggies and you’ve got an easy, healthy dish you’ll “loaf” forever.
INGREDIENTS | SERVINGS: 3-4
- 2 cups cooked Lentils (red, green, or divided)
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 3/4 cup grated beets
- 3/4 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped sage
- 1 teaspoon chopped tarragon
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cups Simple Gerson Tomato Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend 1 1/2 cups of lentils and the parsley together with an immersion blender or in a food processor.
- Mix with remaining ingredients, except tomato sauce, and place into a loaf pan lined with unbleached parchment paper.
- Cover, then bake for 25 minutes. Carefully remove the cover and pour Simple Gerson Tomato Sauce over loaf.
- Bake uncovered an additional 20 minutes.
- Serve with extra sauce and mashed potatoes.
- Sub Gerson Ketchup (see Gerson Therapy Cookbook page 146), Gerson Gravy (see Gerson Therapy Cookbook page 146) or Golden Gravy (see Gerson Therapy Cookbook page 147) for the Simple Gerson Tomato Sauce.
- Use red onion instead of yellow onion.
- Add one small diced bell pepper.
- Substitute 1 cup of uncooked rolled oats for the rice.
Recipe by: Eric Freeman
Post by: Nicole Ferrer-Clement
Join Over 250,000 Gerson Fans!
Educational articles like this are made possible with the help of your donations. Help us continue the legacy of Dr. Max Gerson, his daughter Charlotte Gerson, and the thousands who rely on the Gerson Institute for vital educational materials and training.